Chapters can apply to adopt a program directly within PAWS. Programs that have not been assigned to a chapter are no longer listed on the www.ewb-usa.org website and are only accessible through PAWS. If your chapter does not have access to PAWS, click here to learn how to request access.
Within PAWS, the chapter must complete the Chapter Program Adoption form within the program they wish to adopt. These forms will be collected for review on the 1st and 15th of every month. If multiple chapters apply to adopt the same program, each Chapter Program Adoption form will be reviewed, and the most qualified chapter will be selected to adopt the program. Follow the steps below to submit:
1. Click the Programs tab
2. Select "*Unassigned Programs" from the dropdown list (Note: If a community applicant indicates an existing affiliation with a chapter on their Community Program Application, the Program will be listed as "Assigned" in PAWS, and will be shared directly with the affiliated chapter. That chapter will have to complete the Chapter Program Adoption form use the same steps listed below in order to officially adopt the program)
3. Click into the program record of interest
4. Click the "Community Partnership" to view details from the Community Program Application
5. To apply to adopt, Click "New Chapter Program Adoption" button
6. Search for your chapter
7. Fill out each field of the application
8. Track progress in the "Items Required to Submit for Approval" section
9. Click "save"
10. Add chapter contacts by clicking "New Chapter Contact"
11. Search for the contact by name (Please note that if the contact is not a user in Volunteer Village or PAWS, they must join in order to be added to a Program or Trip. Click here to learn how to submit a support request for additional access to PAWS)
12. Fill out contact details, identify the contact's role, and click "Save"
13. Click "clone" to copy the contact record. This creates a new record, which can be edited for the next contact added
14. Once all contacts have been added, click the link back to the "Chapter Program Adoption"
15. Once the application is complete, mark all of the "Items Required for Approval" as complete and click "Submit for Approval" (Please note that only the record owner can submit for approval)