- Year-End Campaign
- EWB-USA Project Grants and Employee Grants Programs
- Host a Fundraiser
- Share Your Chapter's Online (Classy) Donation Page
- Resources, References and Tools
Giving surges at the end of the year — tax benefits, the altruistic spirit of the holidays, donations in lieu of gifts — you name it, donors give. December is when your supporters expect to hear from you, so make sure they do
- Year-End Campaign Toolkit >>
- Year-End Campaign Prize Guidelines >>
- Suggested Messaging for Fundraising Campaigns >>
EWB-USA Project Grants Programs
EWB-USA’s Project Grants Program, which provides funding support to EWB-USA international community projects, accepts applications twice annually in the spring and fall. The Project Grants Program is need-based; each grant cycle is intended to support projects that need funding support at this time or in the near future.
Grants Program Resources: EWB-USA Employee Grants Program
EWB-USA Employee Grants Program is open to full- and part-time employees of participating EWB-USA corporate partners.
- Employee must be an official member of EWB-USA to qualify. Join as an EWB-USA member here.
- Grants will be awarded to the EWB-USA chapter designated in the application, not to an individual.
- More than one member of a chapter may apply for an Employee Grant for the same project.
- Only approved EWB-USA projects will be considered for funding, including International Community Programs (ICP), Engineering Service Corps (ESC), and Community Engineering Corps (CECorps).
- Chapters can apply for both an Employee Grant and a Project Grant for the same project.
Chapters may be able to pay for their projects entirely through fundraising events, such as charity dinners, walk-a-thons, or online auctions.These events will help you raise money for your project and are a fun way to build local awareness for EWB-USA. Potential fundraising events include:
- Hosting an auction
- Organizing a walk-a-thon, bike-a-thon, or skate-a-thon
- Honoring a special person in your life with a memorial or tribute
- Organizing a kickball tournament or jerry can water walk
- Organizing a city or community-wide scavenger hunt
- Hosting a wine-tasting event
- Offering a movie screening
Share Your Chapter's Online Donation Page
EWB-USA can set up your event page through Classy and then give you control over every aspect. By setting up your event page through Classy, the funds from your event get deposited directly into your chapter's account, without any charge fees! In order to set up your upcoming event page please fill out the following form. If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you want to learn more about Classy, check out our Classy FAQ's. Chapters are able to set up program pages as well for all of their programs.
Event Insurance Guidelines >>
Chapters raise more money via the EWB-USA website than from other sites that channel donations to many causes. The best part: 100% of the donation goes to the chapter; EWB-USA HQ does not charge an administrative or transaction fee.
EWB-USA HQ sends a tax receipt to all donors (regardless of donation size) if we are provided with an email or mailing address. Chapters should send personal thank-you notes to donors and provide updates on the progress of their project.
Each chapter has their own donation page that has been pre-programmed with the chapter's general fund account information. Find your chapter's donation page here.
Resources and References
EWB-USA's Principles for Partnership and Support>>
EWB-USA Donor Bill of Rights >>
Help Center >>
Fundraising Blog Posts >>
Chapter Donation Pages and Peer-to-Peer Fundraising Pages >>
Jerry Can Walk Toolkit >>
Kickball Tournament Fundraiser Toolkit >>
Chapter Event Insurance >>